[Dovecot] Maildir++ quota - how to handle a full mailbox

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 06:48:36 EEST 2006

On 7/19/06, Joseph W. Breu <breu at cfu.net> wrote:

> > Just guessing, but I'm thinking it must do a copy, then delete...
> >

> Thanks for the response.  I hacked IMP to include the over quota message
> that dovecot generates so it could use its fallback method for deleting
> emails....

If you read the following, you can see why it happens, and the better
method of file deletions.
http://deflexion.com/2006/05/imap-way-of-deleting-message

Simply.
To delete message, mark as \Deleted. Trash folder is Virtual folder....
I'm trying to get SquirrelMail to do it this way... (When time permits)

Curious... In IMAP language, how do we make this virtual folder? Is it
just a search based on tag/label?

Thanks

Tim
--