No subject

Mon Jul 3 17:58:55 EEST 2006

I'd need "04" including its leading "0".  ("1200"->"00" etc.)

> Depending on what other tools you use, you could also use the hash (H)
> modifier, but maybe your delivery agent can't do that (unless of course
> you plan to use dovecot-lda too)

With our UW set-up, everything goes through UW's c-client library
(sendmail local delivery through UW's "tmail").  So "dovecot-lda" (which
I've not yet investigated) would probably be the natural route for us.

Perhaps I should further investigate the "%H"-like stuff (which seems to
be hex rather than base-10) to see whether I can do a generalised
extension which could enable a base-10 modulo thing, including leading
zeroes.  Or a "final n-char substring" thing.  (Naturally, I'd take
advice, and would hope to feed back any patch.)

:  Senior Systems Programmer                Computer Centre       :
:                                           Durham University     :
:                                           Durham DH1 3LE        :