[Dovecot] dovecot-1.0.rc2 hangs while copying to Sent

Hauke Fath hf at spg.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Jul 25 11:11:15 EEST 2006

Am 11.07.2006 um 13:06 Uhr +0300 schrieb Dumitru Negara:
>Jack Bailey wrote:
>>Since running dovecot-1.0.rc2, tbird occasionally hangs when it's
>>copying outbound mail to the Sent folder.  Running beta8 and
>>earlier I never saw this problem.  Anyone know what's up and how to
>>fix it?
>
>See http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2006-July/014757.html

Just FTR, while this appears to stop the blind copies into the outbox
from stalling, I also got user reports about (site local) mails being
delayed for several hours that are not related to smtp transport.
When the user in question set the number of cached connections to
something like 50, he got a load of mails at once that had all been
delayed.

One of the groups here still uses uw-imap, and they do not see this
quirk, so it cannot be just Thunderbird's fault.

The stalled copies or outgoing mail happpen with Mozilla, too, btw.

	hauke

--
/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign                    Hauke Fath
\ /    No HTML/RTF in email	        Institut für Nachrichtentechnik