[Dovecot] My view on 1.0 release and version numbering

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Jul 25 20:14:39 EEST 2006

On Tue, Jul 25, 2006 at 10:07:47AM -0700, Mark Nienberg wrote:
> Timo Sirainen wrote:
>
> >I've again 125 unread mails in this list, but I don't think there's
> >anything too bad left. SSL code is the only thing I'm concerned about,
> >but I think I fixed that in CVS today.
>
> I'm using beta9 in production and I've been reluctant to test the RCs
> because of an earlier post regarding new problems with SSL.  I'd love to
> see another RC with the SSL fix so I can give it a try.  I know I could
> build from CVS, but I'm lazy and addicted to ATrpms.

You can get the 1.0rc2 src.rpm from ATrpms, install it and replace the
tarball with one created from CVS. Call it
dovecot-1.0.rc2-cvs20060725.tar.gz.

Then change in the specfile the definition of "upstream" to be
1.0.rc2-cvs20060725 and also set the Release tag to
0_17.rc2_cvs20060725.

Then rpmbuild -bb and you're ready! That's all.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net