[Dovecot] updated ubuntu packages

Brian T Glenn glenn-dovecot at delink.net
Fri Jul 28 00:16:11 EEST 2006

On Fri, Jul 21, 2006 at 10:17:47AM -0500, Richard Laager may have written:
> On Wed, 2006-07-19 at 20:45 +0200, Renaud Allard wrote:
> >
> > Just edit your /etc/apt/sources.list to point to edgy instead of dapper,
> > install the packages, then change back your sources.list.
>
> You could also use APT pinning (or whatever it's called) to select some
> packages from edgy. I'm not sure how good of an idea that is. If nothing
> else, you could "apt-get source dovecot" (assuming the source package is
> "dovecot") from edgy and then rebuild on Dapper.

apt-pinning works perfectly well. Here is a good tutorial for Debian,
which should apply 100% (except release names) to Ubuntu.

http://jaqque.sbih.org/kplug/apt-pinning.html

--
http://www.delink.net/
"It's almost like there's a record full of incomprehensible bullshit playing in