[Dovecot] Quota with dict backend - sql does not get registered

David Jonas djonas at vitalwerks.com
Sat Jul 29 01:56:45 EEST 2006

Hello everyone,

I've been working with the quota plugin, attempting to use the dict
backend. It seems the sql dict class is not getting loaded. I dropped a
couple lines in dict_class_lookup(dict.c) and it seems the only class
that gets loaded is "proxy". Any idea how to get the sql driver to load
in the quota/dict module?

My authentication goes through the sql module and is working perfectly,
so I know that the module and db are talking in general.

I've scoured the documentation and dug through the code but I can't seem
to discover the solution. There is "Dynamic SQL drivers" in the
compiling from source section:

http://wiki.dovecot.org/CompilingSource#line-158

I compiled the driver_mysql.so, copied it to lib/dovecot/, symlinked it
into auth/, imap/, pop3/ and lda/, then tried-- but it still only showed
"proxy" as being loaded. After that I added it to the mail_plugins list,

mail_plugins = driver_mysql quota

but it didn't like that and spat out some linking errors:

Edlopen(/usr/local/dovecot-1.0.rc2/lib/dovecot/imap/driver_mysql.so)
failed: /usr/local/dovecot-1.0.rc2/lib/dovecot/imap/driver_mysql.so:
undefined symbol: sql_not_connected_result

So, where do I go from here? Any insights would be appreciated and I'll
keep digging.

Regards,

David