[Dovecot] sieve copy extension

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Jul 30 20:02:48 EEST 2006

On Sun, 2006-07-30 at 11:09 -0400, John Peacock wrote:
> Scott Murman wrote:
> > the latest cyrus imap distro (v2.3 or greater) contains a libsieve
> > which supports it.  the dovecot-LDA cvs branch uses an older cyrus
> > distro (looks like v2.1).
>
> Dovecot does not link against the Cyrus distribution of sieve, but rather the
> standalone libsieve that has been extracted and made linkable to other
> applications.  The current release of libsieve:
>
> 	http://libsieve.sourceforge.net/

No, this is wrong. Dovecot uses the Cyrus version just so that it'd be
somewhat simple to upgrade it when Cyrus people upgrade theirs. I don't
think libsieve people even really intend to update their version to have
more features.

I think the easiest way to upgrade it is to get Cyrus 2.2's libsieve (I
think I got it from there), make a diff against Dovecot, then try to
apply the patch against Cyrus 2.3.