[Dovecot] Dovecot copy with imapsync

Stephan Holl stephan at holl-land.de
Mon Jul 31 09:19:54 EEST 2006

Hello Charlie,

On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 21:48:04 -0400 (EDT) Charlie Brady
<charlieb-dovecot at e-smith.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 30 Jul 2006, Stephan Holl wrote:
>
> > I am trying to migrate my dovecot 0.9 (mbox-Storage) to 1.0rc2 with
> > maildir-storage using imapsync.
> >
> > I cannot manage to copy the emails from one server to the other,
> > however the dry-run from imapsync works nicely.
>
> If you mention what happens when you try people are more likely to be
> able to speculate as to what is happening.

Sorry if I wasnt precise enough. It happens nothing. No mail gets
transfered. imapsync got stuck at the first email in the remote mailbox
regardless which folder I try.

> > Is it possible to make dovecot more verbose to see what is
> > happening (or not happening)?
>
> How verbose have you made it?

default after installation.

> You can create rather a log of logging by making a directory
> ~/dovecot.rawlog, and changing "mail_executable" in your dovecot
> configuration - see the example config in dovecot source tarball.

I have installed from debian(etch)-package, so I will did for the
rawlog-stuff on the net. Thank you for the hints.

Best regards

	Stephan