SOLVED Re: [Dovecot] Specifying which openssl to use

Chase chase at osdev.org
Sun Jun 4 11:48:33 EEST 2006

The problem seems to have been Sun's linker. The only not standard thing
I had to do was add in a -R option to the LDFLAGS.

CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/ssl/include LDFLAGS='-L/usr/local/ssl/lib -R/usr/local/ssl/lib' ./configure --with-ssl=openssl

I've added a little text to http://wiki.dovecot.org/CompilingSource
about this. Hopefully the same information will be added to the INSTALL
file that comes with the source code so some else doesn't waste an
entire weekend on something so trivial.

-Chase