[Dovecot] vpopmail

John Peacock jpeacock at rowman.com
Sun Jun 4 21:12:54 EEST 2006

C J Kenneth Tan -- OptimaNumerics wrote:
> I see the argument.  The objective here is to allow relay by Linux
> laptops running qmail which receive mail from Pine running on the
> laptops.

Either the laptop should be configured to directly talk to the outgoing SMTP
server (with SMTP AUTH in place) *OR* the laptop should be configured to send
all e-mail via qmail on localhost (in which case no authentication is required
at all).  I don't see any reason to mess around with hacks like POP before SMTP
here...

John

--
John Peacock