[Dovecot] Re: Maildir, procmail, and locks

Mark Nienberg gmane at tippingmar.com
Mon Jun 5 03:26:39 EEST 2006

Odhiambo WASHINGTON wrote:
> * On 02/06/06 15:44 -0700, Mark Nienberg wrote:
> | I'm using procmail as the local delivery agent for Maildir style
> | mailboxes.  I discovered that I was able to send mail to other users but
> |  was unable to send mail to myself. Examples from verbose procmail log:

> This is not a problem with dovecot. It's a procmail issue.
> Do you realize that this could be a problem in your .procmailrc?

Well it was working for most messages, but not all.  I found a cryptic
message by googling that implied I should not use the systemwide
/etc/procmailrc file to specify delivery to maildir boxes, so I disabled
that and put the delivery information into individual .procmailrc files
in each user's home directory.  That seems to have fixed it.  Not very
comforting, but it works.

Thanks, Mark