[Dovecot] Trash expire plugin

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Jun 12 12:57:59 EEST 2006

On Mon, 2006-06-12 at 11:07 +0200, Steffen Kaiser wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Jun 2006, Timo Sirainen wrote:
>
> > Dovecot will soon have a plugin which allows running a nightly cronjob
> > to expunge mails from configured mailboxes which have been in there for
> > a configurable amount of time. For example the configuration could be:
> >
> > plugin {
> >  # Trash 7d, Spam 30d
> >  expire = Trash 7 Spam 30
> > }
>
> It would be good to have user-specific settings for this. E.g. our users
> uses plenty of MUAs, all of them with their own mind of where to store
> SPAM, Junk, etc.pp.

Well, one possibility would be to just list them all in there. If the
mailbox doesn't exist it's just ignored.

Alternatively you really can make that setting user-specific simply by
returning the "expire" from userdb. Then it overrides the
plugin-setting.

> (I also would like to configure some users to expire _all_ folders or at
> least the INBOX :-)

Well, I guess expiring "all" would be possible somewhat easily, but I
don't know if I should bother adding that. :) INBOX can of course be
listed just as well as other boxes. Hmm. Adding support for "*" wouldn't
be too difficult though.