[Dovecot] Server CommonName mismatch: localhost.localdomain

M. Fioretti mfioretti at mclink.it
Tue Jun 13 19:15:03 EEST 2006

Hello,

I have seen via google that this very problem was already discussed on
this and other lists some months ago, but the archives report no solution.

I have dovecot 1.0-0_12.beta8 on Centos 4.3. IMAP works just fine: I
can read email from both Squirrelmail via web and Kmail.

Now I have created an ssl certificate and I'm trying to use it via
pop3.

When I launch fetchmail I get the error below. Is it caused by dovecot? If not, where is the problem, on the server or here in my home PC?

TIA,
	Marco

marco at polaris:~> fetchmail -vv
fetchmail: 6.3.2 querying my.vps.fqdn.name (protocol POP3) at Tue 13 Jun 2006 05:22:50 PM CEST:
+poll started
fetchmail: Issuer Organization: SomeOrganization
fetchmail: Issuer CommonName: localhost.localdomain
fetchmail: Server CommonName: localhost.localdomain
fetchmail: Server CommonName mismatch: localhost.localdomain != my.vps.fqdn.name
fetchmail: my.vps.fqdn.name key fingerprint: 20:93:B4:D8:CB:75:AD:72:F6:00:A8:DC:CE:F2:53:6E
fetchmail: my.vps.fqdn.name fingerprints do not match!
23942:error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify
+failed:s3_clnt.c:894:
fetchmail: SSL connection failed.
fetchmail: socket error while fetching from remoteuser at my.vps.fqdn.name

--
Marco Fioretti                    mfioretti, at the server mclink.it
Fedora Core 3 for low memory      http://www.rule-project.org/

Only boring people ever get bored	    Anonymous