[Dovecot] LMTP revisited

Peter Fern lists at obfusc8.org
Sat Jun 17 16:57:59 EEST 2006

grant beattie wrote:
> hardlinks only work if the mailboxes reside on the same filesystem,
> so the choice of hardlink or symlink would be useful, if this was
> being implemented. on one of my systems, each user's mailbox is a
> separate ZFS filesystem. :)
>
> grant.

For those of us lucky enough to be able to live with Solaris's hardware
support... personally I am frothing at the mouth for ZFS support in
linux.  We should have it via FUSE in a month or two thanks to Google's
Summer of Code sponsorship, which is not quite optimal for speed but
should still be quite nice.