[Dovecot] Public Namespace & ACL & Virtual Users

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Jun 18 01:33:51 EEST 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-15 at 13:58 +1200, Fintec wrote:
> I think all the above problems can be attributed to the fact the ACL
> plugin ignores the namespace prefix. I did further testing with the
> vfile using some suggestions from the list:

Could be, but supporting the namespace prefixes requires larger changes.
Not going to happen before v1.0 release.

> VFILE TESTING: ("vmail" is the local user)

Local user as in the UID of the process? That doesn't matter since only
virtual users are matched.

> --------
> owner lrwstiekxa
> user=vmail lrwstiekxa
> user=virtualuser1 at domain.com lrwstiek
> --------
> Dovecot Log: child 8872 (imap) killed with signal 11

It shouldn't be crashing. Could you get gdb backtrace of it? See
http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html