[Dovecot] Help! Uidlist files are gone and won't come back; imap keeps coredumping!

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Jun 19 18:30:59 EEST 2006

On Mon, 2006-06-19 at 08:03 -0700, Mario Nigrovic-rvvk40 wrote:
> Timo -
>
>    The only behavior change that I notice is that when I exit the telnet session the truss also exits.  Previously, the truss hung around until I did the "pkill dovecot", after exiting the telnet session.  So, that's weird.  But, hold on!  Now I do seem to have a uidlist file, again!

I'd say there's something really wrong with your NFS. What that patch
did was close the dovecot-uidlist file before rename()ing it. It
shouldn't have been necessary. There are probably other places in
Dovecot code which also do that, so that's probably why it didn't get
fixed entirely.

What Solaris version are you using?