[Dovecot] Reading the index / log files

Raymond Lillard rlillard at sonic.net
Tue Jun 20 22:43:16 EEST 2006

Dear Dovecot,

I have a user who claims his mail is being lost.
I can find the message marked as having been accepted
for delivery in the maillog.  I am hoping there is
a tool which will let me read his IMAP transactions.
We are delivering the messages with procmail and
storing them as Maildir files.

I read mail on this very same server and process
about 500 mails per day.  (Its the machine where
all of my mail lists are collected.)  I use T-bird,
he uses LookOut.

My working theory is that he (or his MUA) is
somehow deleting some of his mail.  Being able
to read a log of his IMAP transactions would be
most helpful.  I see nothing about this in the
Wiki.

Regards,
Ray