[Dovecot] 1.0 RC1 status

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Jun 27 12:15:59 EEST 2006

On Mon, 2006-06-26 at 11:07 +0200, Marc Maurer wrote:

> > > Any pointers how I could debug this? I can invest some time in it.
> >
> > I guess the first thing would be to start using Dovecot's rawlog or some
> > other means of getting traffic dumps. Then see what are the last things
> > that the client sent and what it got as a return.
>
> Attached 2 different rawlogs that lead the the hang/disconnect.
>
> - The short one was just 1) Open Outlook 2) Hit send/receive.
> - The long one was 1) Open Outlook 2) Hit send/receive a couple times
>
> I'm rather clueless about the imap protocol atm, so any insights will be
> appreciated.

Well, a few things:

You should remove .subscriptions and .customflags files. They're no
longer used with 1.0betas and they're giving some errors because they're
treated as maildirs. But I don't think that causes the hangs.

Second problem is:

* 315 FETCH (UID 6052 FLAGS (\Seen))
 316 FETCH (UID 6094 FLAGS (\Seen))
* 317 FETCH (UID 6116 FLAGS (\Seen))

Is the '*' really missing from the file? I thought all such problems
were fixed already. And the shorter rawlog didn't contain anything like
that.

Anyway both connections are properly ended with LOGOUT command and they
receive reply for it, so I don't think it hanged because of the IMAP
connection itself..

The command tags look a bit weird though. Does Outlook really use those?
Or do you have some kind of firewall or proxy in the middle?