[Dovecot] 1.0 RC1 status

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Jun 27 15:11:30 EEST 2006

On Tue, 2006-06-27 at 13:16 +0200, J.M. Maurer wrote:
> > Second problem is:
> >
> > * 315 FETCH (UID 6052 FLAGS (\Seen))
> >  316 FETCH (UID 6094 FLAGS (\Seen))
> > * 317 FETCH (UID 6116 FLAGS (\Seen))
> >
> > Is the '*' really missing from the file? I thought all such problems
> > were fixed already. And the shorter rawlog didn't contain anything like
> > that.
>
> Erm, i think your mail client got confused, as I see it in the files
> just fine. [1]

No, even more stupid. I opened it with a text editor and accidentally
deleted it myself.. :)

> > Anyway both connections are properly ended with LOGOUT command and they
> > receive reply for it, so I don't think it hanged because of the IMAP
> > connection itself..
> >
> > The command tags look a bit weird though. Does Outlook really use those?
> > Or do you have some kind of firewall or proxy in the middle?
>
> Yep, it really does send those command tags. No firewall, no proxy... a
> direct connection from the Win32 machine to the Linux machine.

Well, I can't really think of anything then. Usually the hangs have been
because the connection hangs for some reason, like with large FETCH
replies. But there was nothing like that in your case. The hangs seem to
happen after Outlook has closed the IMAP connection, so maybe it doesn't
like some mail or something..