[Dovecot] maildir quota not including INBOX

Bill Boebel bill at webmail.us
Tue Jun 27 21:39:11 EEST 2006

On Sun, June 11, 2006 1:52 pm, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> said:
> On Thu, 2006-04-20 at 20:02 -0400, Bill Boebel wrote:
>The maildir quota plugin doesn't appear to be including the INBOX in the quota
> calculation that is reported by GETQUOTAROOT.
>
>I took a look at the code and it appears that in this file
> "src/plugins/quota/quota-maildir.c", the function "maildirsize_recalculate" relies
> on all of the folders being listed when "maildir_list_init" is called.  However the
> INBOX is not included in that listing, so its current storage size is not
> included.
>
>I couldn't figure out what patch would be needed to fix this, but I'm sure it is
> something simple.  Any ideas?
>
> Does this still happen? It should return INBOX always, so maybe your
> namespace settings somehow causes it to break..

Yes, it is still happenning with last night's CVS.  Mail in the INBOX ~/cur and ~/new directories are not counted during quota recalculations, and also I am seeing exactly what Steve describes here:

  http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2006-June/014318.html

My namespace settings are:

namespace private {
  separator = .