[Dovecot] How to create .dovecot.sieve through IMAP?

Sergey A. Lipnevich sergey at optimaltec.com
Mon Mar 6 07:47:33 EET 2006

Hi All,

I suspect that the answer is "no way," but there's hope. I'm trying to
set up a PHP application Ingo (part of Horde suite) to create the file
<home>/.dovecot.sieve for the "advanced" LDA to do mail sorting. Because
PHP is running under a Web server user, Ingo can't really write this
file directly. My question is, is there any way for Ingo (or any other
tool, for that matter) to create that file via IMAP protocol
interaction? Horde authenticates users and "knows" login/password
combination (that's how it accesses mail folders).
Thank you!

Sergey.