[Dovecot] Problems with Oulook Clients

Patrick Carney patrick at castandcrew.com
Wed Mar 15 22:40:50 EET 2006

Hello all.

I have problems with clients running Outlook 2003 that keep getting IMAP
server timeout errors, "mailbox in an inconsistant state" Are there any mods
to be made to the config file that could eliminate this? It happens about
ever 10minutes. Here is what our previous Sys Admin sent me on our setup.

dovecot is the IMAP server that allows clients to connect and get to their
mailboxes. Postfix is that part of the mail system that moves messages
around, from one server to another and puts them in the appropriate
mailboxes.

Thanks

Patrick