[Dovecot] new mails don't always show

Curtis Maloney cmaloney at cardgate.net
Tue Mar 21 01:26:24 EET 2006

Bjoern Rost wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am having some trouble with dovecot (0.99.14) and maildir. Some users
> are reporting that sometimes, they don't get (pop3, various clients) new
> mails for a while even though they should.
> I checked and confirmed this: mails were delivered by MTA (sendmail,
> procmail). But when the problem existed, the new mails were in cur/, not
> new/ and dovecot would not report any new messaged to the client.

I know it's perhaps an obvious thing, but are you absolutely certain there
aren't two mail clients accessing the same account?  For instance, someone with
a home and work mail client running, or regular and web-mail?

I've been running 0.99.14 for a long time now, and do not recall having seen this.

--
Curtis Maloney
cmaloney at cardgate.net