[Dovecot] localhost IMAP & remote IMAPS

Curtis Maloney cmaloney at cardgate.net
Wed Mar 22 00:36:42 EET 2006

h at hpjt.net wrote:
> I have Dovecot configured to accept only SSL connections right now, but
> I would like to accept plain IMAP if the connection originates in
> 127.0.0.1/32 (and still require IMAPS for remote users).
>
> What do I need to define in dovecot.conf to make this work?

This came up recently - I believe you need to put ssl_listen into the protocol
section.  A quick search the archives suggests:

protocol imap {
     listen = 127.0.01:143
     ssl_listen = *:10993
}

So, IMAP is only listened for on the local address, whereas IMAPS is listened
for on any address, on the non-standard port 10993.

Does this help?

--
Curtis Maloney
cmaloney at cardgate.net