[Dovecot] Dovecot 1.0 beta3 and SUBSCRIBE

Curtis Maloney cmaloney at cardgate.net
Wed Mar 22 00:40:51 EET 2006

Bertrand Leboeuf wrote:
> Thanks but for mbox it is ".subscriptions", "subscriptions" is
> for maildir, but I found the BUG !!!
>
> ~/mail/.subscriptions is on an NFS mounted filesystem,
> it keeps on getting deleted... does not like NFS
> (the files are renamed .nfsXXXXX when deleted)

Ah, NFS bites again :)

> if I patch the code to get it on a local filesystem,
> like my indexes (in storage->index_dir instead of storage->dir):
> /var/indexes/%u/.subscriptions

So previously the 'subscriptions' file was not kept with the indexes?  It's
understandable, but your patch should help those of us (myself and Mark
Lidstone, to name two:) who want shared folders with individual subscription files.

> then it stays alive and work.

Perhaps this could be made a config option... Timo?

--
Curtis Maloney
cmaloney at cardgate.net