[Dovecot] new mails don't always show

Simon Bowden simonb at cse.unsw.EDU.AU
Wed Mar 22 03:13:18 EET 2006

Hi,

I was seeing this sort of problem when the indexes were corrupted,
possibly due to unsuitable locking methods on it (recently changed to
dotlock, since it's over nfs).

The workaround was to just delete the indexes so they'd be recreated.
The symptom was that there would be strange "UID inserted in middle of
mailbox" type errors in the error log, plus new mails weren't being
displayed.

Cheers,

  - Simon