[Dovecot] Save sent mail on server

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Wed Mar 22 20:36:18 EET 2006

On Wednesday, March 22, 2006 7:27 PM +0100 Benjamin <hering at luck-n-load.de>
wrote:

> currently we have some email accounts which get maintained by different
> people. If any of this users sends a mail, it is only saved on his local
> machine, but not on the imap server. But i'll need them to get saved on
> the mail server for backup purposes and that every user can see which
> mails have been sent through this account. Is this possible?

Dovecot's responsible for receiving mail. You need to do this when you send
mail, so you probably need to do this in your MTA or MSA. For sendmail, you
could set up MIMEDefang to copy messages from selected senders to a special
local account (Use MD's AddRecipient()) and then add that IMAP account to
the MUA's of all the people who need to see the sent messages.