[Dovecot] namespaces in 1.0beta3

Mark Nelson Mark.Nelson at durham.ac.uk
Thu Mar 23 12:47:59 EET 2006

Hello

I'm currently running dovecot-1.0.alpha4-1 on my production system,
dovecot-1.0.alpha4-1where I am making use of namespaces.  I have
downloaded 1.0-beta3 and have installed it on a test system.  I have
customised the configuration for local use, however when I inserted the
namespace settings into my configuration file dovecot refuses to start
claiming that there is a problem with the configuration file.  Has the
format of the namespace configuration changed? (Configuration fragment
shown below)

Mark.

#       Migration name spaces
#
#
# default namespace
namespace private {
  separator = /
  prefix =
  inbox = yes
}
# for backwards compatibility:
namespace private {
  separator = /
  prefix =
  hidden = yes
}
namespace private {
  separator = /
  prefix = mail/
  hidden = yes
}
namespace private {
  separator = /
  prefix = ~/mail/
  hidden = yes
}
namespace private {
  separator = /
  prefix = ~%u/mail/
  hidden = yes
}

- --
Mark Nelson - Mark.Nelson at durham.ac.ukdovecot-1.0.alpha4-1

IPPP, Department of Physics, University of Durham,
Science Laboratories, South Road, Durham, DH1 3LE
Office: +44 (0)191 334 3811, Direct Dial: +44 (0)191 334 3653

PGP Key: http://www.ippp.dur.ac.uk/~mn/pgp_key.txt
This mail is for the addressee only