[Dovecot] Per-user "Seen" flags with shared namespace stored as maildir?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Mar 25 13:09:51 EET 2006

On Thu, 2006-03-23 at 16:15 +0000, Mark Lidstone wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering if the above was possible.  I know that the "seen"
> flag is stored in the filename, but was wondering if anyone knew of a
> way to separate it out?  I know this would strictly-speaking break
> maildir compatibility, but it would be extremely useful for shared
> folders.

The way this worked at one point was by making each user have separate
index file for the mailbox, then keeping the \Seen flag only inside that
index file and ignoring the maildir's seen flag completely. Then I
rewrote the maildir syncing code and this part was dropped out. Probably
wouldn't be too difficult to make it work again.. Yea, looks like it
wasn't. Works now in CVS.