[Dovecot] Dovecot LDA + Fedora destribution = no go?

Jakob Hirsch jh at plonk.de
Sun Mar 26 12:37:02 EEST 2006

Quoting Marilyn Davis:

> Exim allows a conversation to a socket from the configuration file, so
> it would be even better to talk directly to a socket into dovecot for
> delivering, rather than via a shell.  Then I could talk to dovecot via

Exim doesn't start a shell (unless explicitly specified) when using the
pipe transport, but there's always a fork&exec, of course, but the
impact is little on modern systems.
There was a little talk a while ago that it would be very cool to have a
LMTP server inside dovecot (just like Cyrus), but I think it'll take a
while until Timo will have time for such things. I thought about doing
it myself, when time permits, as plugin, if this is possible.