[Dovecot] Too many links

Feraudet Cyril cyril at feraudet.com
Wed Mar 29 12:22:32 EEST 2006

Hi all,

I've a problem during a big migration to dovecot.

I'm not sure that is a really a dovecot bug ... but maybe somebody
here know
one solution ...

I have more than 150000 imap account to migrate from an obscure mail
system
based on a database to an imap/dovecot system.

During the migration (simple but very long process) I get a "Too many
links" error
from dovecot.

This error is not obscure but I'm unable to find a solution with this
error on google.

I kown the /proc/sys/fs/file-max for increase the number of open
file, but it's not the
problem here.

This probleme occure with more than 130000 directory and more than
350000 file.

Have you an idea ?

Thank,

Cyril Feraudet