[Dovecot] FreeBSD 6 - DirectAdmin - dovecot

Floris van den Berg floris at geekhq.nl
Tue May 2 08:15:50 EEST 2006

Since version 1.0 I experience strange problems with dovecot. At the
moment I have beta 7 installed. I use FreeBSD 6.0.

  * Pop3 works
  * Imap works, but only when i telnet to localhost
  * In all other cases I can't connect to the server. Tried with
squirrelmail, uebimau and thunderbird. Squirrelmail after a long time
waiting: "ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server."

Happens too with firewall switched off.
Happens too when i restart exim and dovecot.
/var/log/maillog mentions something about Inactivity.

When i do tail -f /var/log/maillog and try to connect using squirrel, i
see hardly any imap messages fly by, except 'inactivity'.

Any ideas?

Floris