[Dovecot] How to notify dovecot that maildir contents is changed by third-party helper ?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue May 2 12:06:34 EEST 2006

On Sat, 2006-04-29 at 04:39 +0400, Илья Евсеев wrote:
>    Hi, folks!
> How to notify dovecot that maildir contents
> is changed by third-party helper?

There shouldn't be a need to do anything.

> My script performs spam cleanup,
> but all index/cache files (dovecot-uidlist, dovecot.index,
> dovecot.index.cache and dovecot.index.log) still unchanged,
> so, Web-frontend (IlohaMail over IMAP)
> displays taht mailbox contents isn't refreshed.

Only dovecot.index and dovecot.index.log should be changed, others might
not.

> Dovecot 1.0-alpha5 under FreeBSD 4.11.

Hmm. What happens if you do "touch cur" after deleting the mails, are
the mails noticed then?

Alpha5 is somewhat old too, so it's possible that it has some bug
related to this. I'd suggest trying newest beta.