[Dovecot] managesieve daemon

Simon Waters simonw at zynet.net
Tue May 2 14:31:36 EEST 2006

On Tuesday 02 May 2006 12:00, Gerald Dachs wrote:

> I am currently working on a managesieve daemon, so that I can use the
> squirrelmail plugin avelsieve together with dovecot-lda. Without this
> I can't migrate from cyrus to dovecot. For several reasons I don't use
> the timsieved from cyrus and build it from scratch. Is this interesting
> for somebody else?

I want to deploy server side filtering on a box, that has SquirrelMail,
Dovecot, Postfix, and virtual mailbox users. So a SIEVE based system that
works in that environment would be of interest.

But it is all for my own (and family) use currently, if the ideas work they
may  get reused at ZyNet. If they don't work I curse under my breath, bemoan
the lost email, and move on.

I'm also interested to know other alternative schemes for deploying server
side filtering. One goal, I want to create IMAP4 folders automatically for
new mailing lists, so the dovecot mailing list folder is automatically
created when you start getting emails from the dovecot list for example. As
mailing list used is 95%+ of the mail filters that goes on after SMTP
transaction is completed.

 Simon