[Dovecot] Bug in yesterday's CVS..

Apps Lists appslists at neonova.net
Tue May 2 17:00:30 EEST 2006

Hi Timo.

I'm doing some testing with yesterday's CVS code and believe I've found a
bug.

In SquirrelMail, I get 5 messages in INBOX (doesn't matter how).  I click
"Toggle All" then "Delete".  All 5 messages move to Trash.

The Trash folder gets a link "expunge".  I click that and get the
following error:

ERROR : Bad or malformed request.
Query:STORE 1:6 +FLAGS (\Deleted)
Server responded: Error in IMAP command STORE: Invalid messageset

There are 5 messages in Trash, not 6.

After this error is displayed, I see the following in syslog:

May  2 09:37:24 dev3 dovecot: IMAP(jtest): Fixed index file
/var/mailstore/72/af/375887/Maildir/.Trash/dovecot.index:
first_recent_uid_lowwater 10 -> 9

(this might not actually be the right message for the error, but it's
always first_recent_uid_lowwater getting decremented by 1)

If I hit refresh in the browser, I can then click Expunge without issue
once first_recent_uid_lowwater is fixed.

I am able to replicate this easily in NFS, GFS (cluster) and local disk.

Steve