[Dovecot] Assertion failed

Jonathan Knight jonathan at cs.keele.ac.uk
Tue May 2 17:32:13 EEST 2006

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> Well, if you can still reproduce this bug easily, I'd like to know if
> the patch fixes it :)

No it doesn't.

The steps I took to create the bug are:

cd /var/mail
cp csa01 csa01.save
cat csa01.save >> csa01

Then I use a "webmail" product which seems to trip the bug instantly
(possibly because it connects and then disconnects).  I delete one of a
duplicated messages and immediately the assertion failed message appear
in the log files and the webmail client starts showing empty messages.

--
  ______    J.Knight at kis.keele.ac.uk     Jonathan Knight,
    /                                    Keele Information Services