[Dovecot] madvise() errors

Mark E. Mallett mem at mv.mv.com
Tue May 2 20:47:03 EEST 2006

(I think this has been mentioned before.)

Do these hurt?:

  May 2 13:41:30 sysname dovecot: POP3(xxxx): madvise() failed with
  file /users/xx/xxxx/Maildir/dovecot.index.log: Operation not
  supported

I think not, since I've been seeing them forever.  But they do muddy the
logs.  This is on an old BSD/OS server, where the man page for madvise
ends with:

  BUGS
       This call is not yet supported.

The messages are *only* about index.log files.

Would it be possible to either suppress the log message if the error is
specifically "not supported" or, better yet, detect it at configure time?

Completely understandable if it's not worth the effort, though.

mm