[Dovecot] FreeBSD 6 - DirectAdmin - dovecot

Floris van den Berg floris at geekhq.nl
Wed May 3 11:43:25 EEST 2006

Jim Trigg schreef:
> On Tue, May 2, 2006 1:27 pm, Floris van den Berg wrote:
>
>> Jim Trigg schreef:

>>> Do the mail clients work now, then, or do we need to keep
>>> troubleshooting?
>>>

>> Webmail still doesn't work. Other clients however do work.
>> I still have no clue what's wrong :(
>>

> Actually, here are all of my imap-related entries from Squirrelmail's
> config.php -- what is different in your setup?
>
> $imapServerAddress      = 'localhost';
> $imapPort               = 143;
> $imap_server_type       = 'other';
> $imap_auth_mech = 'login';
> $use_imap_tls = false;

No difference. It's getting weirder and weirder.

1) imap works fine when i connect to this dovecot from a remote client
(e.g. thunderbird or scripts provided above)
2) everything works fine when i use the troubled box and connect to a
remote dovecot server, using telnet and the scripts provided above.
3) the scripts above do work when used with localhost but they are
extremely slow. It takes about 1,5 to 2 minutes to complete just to
perform a login/logout sequence.

Seems to be something wrong with connecting to localhost on that port.
Can't pinpoint what it is. Oh by the way, results do not differ when the
firewall is enabled or disabled.

Floris