[Dovecot] dovecot, procmail, postfix & SpamAssassin working together

Duncan Hutty dhutty+lists at ece.cmu.edu
Wed May 3 16:34:28 EEST 2006

Paul Matthews wrote:
> Hi there, i'm trying to get dovecot, procmail, postfix & SpamAssassin
> working together
>
> http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?t=441062
>
> But i'm not having a lot of luck, a question about dovecot, what kind of
> mail box am i using? mbox? if so does anyone know if procmail can use mbox?
>
> /etc/dovecot.conf
>
> protocols = imap pop3
> imap_listen = [::]
> pop3_listen = [::]
> imaps_listen =
> pop3s_listen =
> log_path = /var/log/dovecot.log
> login = imap
> login = pop3
> default_mail_env = mbox:/home/CATHEDRAL/%u/mail:INBOX=/var/spool/mail/%u
> auth = default
> auth_mechanisms = plain
> auth_userdb = passwd
> auth_passdb = pam
> auth_user = root

Yes, procmail can cope with mbox.
 From the procmail error, I'd consider what user procmail is running as
and the permissions on /var/spool/mail/tmp/. Perhaps removing DROPPRIVS
or changing the permissions. However, I haven't use procmail much so
proceed with caution and thought. I use dovecot's own LDA and sieve for
the filtering. It works nicely for me. http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA

--
Duncan Hutty
System Administrator, ECE