[Dovecot] SIEVE: Any information at all?

Joshua Goodall joshua at roughtrade.net
Fri May 5 02:59:02 EEST 2006

On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 07:47:13PM -0400, Leah Cunningham wrote:
> So, of course, as soon as I posted this I finally found some information in
> http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA.  It looks like the sieve implimentation doesn't
> run as a daemon at all, is this planned for the future?  It is nice as some
> mail clients can talk directly to a sieve server...

You're mixing Sieve (a RFC standard scripting language, which the
LDA uses) with ManageSieve (a file transfer protocol, like the world
needed another one.)

A Sieve LDA running as a daemon is pronounced Ell Em Tee Pee Dee.
As far as I'm concerned, a ManageSieve daemon is pronounced "redundant".

That said there are people working on managesieve daemons for Dovecot.

/jg

--
Josh "Koshua" Goodall                      "as modern as tomorrow afternoon"
joshua at roughtrade.net                                       - FW109