[Dovecot] Re: Problems with Dovecot 1.0 beta7 rpm form atrpm for RHEL4

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Fri May 5 04:24:45 EEST 2006

On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 04:17:12PM -0400, Oliver Schulze L. wrote:
> Axel Thimm wrote:
> >Let us know whether it works, so I can fix the dependecy on openssl.
> >
> >The quick and dirty way is to install the package with rpm --nodeps,
> >but that's very dirty (but also very quick ;).
> >
> It compiled fine, but still I need to install using --nodeps

The dependency did not come through the build environment, but the
explicit depedency the maintainer at Red Hat added.

> I know its a little dirty to install using --nodeps, but since I
> compilled using the older openssl,
> no problem should happend. Only a dependency overwrite in the rpm DB ;)

I also used the older openssl, so we should have the same result - the
dependency is artificial.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net