[Dovecot] Re: Problems with Dovecot 1.0 beta7 rpm form atrpm for RHEL4

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Fri May 5 14:30:12 EEST 2006

On Fri, May 05, 2006 at 06:23:33AM -0400, Oliver Schulze L. wrote:
> Axel Thimm wrote:

> >>It compiled fine, but still I need to install using --nodeps
> >>

> >The dependency did not come through the build environment, but the
> >explicit depedency the maintainer at Red Hat added.
> >
> Is it posible to fix that in the .spec file? Or should I add an extra
> note to the wiki about
> installing the .rpm in RHEL4? The note should say that the option
> --nodeps should
> be used.

No, that should be fixed in the specfile. --nodeps is a last resort
for quick & dirty checks before rebuilding just to fix a bogus
dependency.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net