[Dovecot] Sending email over IMAP?

Jan Kundrát jkt at gentoo.org
Fri May 5 16:00:47 EEST 2006

Marc Perkel wrote:
> I can spoof Bill Gates email address and send it. But I can't do that
> with this protocol.

You haven't answered my question I asked in the first response in this
thread. Your proposal specify that the first server on the way would
know if you're allowed to send email for one particular account (that
won't work anyway, think about the aliases etc, there's really no way to
know "what e-mail addresses is this guy allowed to receive" for an IMAP
server). What about other servers throught them the message will have to
travel?

Cheers,
-jkt

--