[Dovecot] dovecot LDA w/virtual domains and postfix

Leah Cunningham leah at heinous.org
Fri May 5 19:02:13 EEST 2006

On Friday 05 May 2006 11:36, Leah Cunningham wrote:
> On Friday 05 May 2006 03:30, Andreas Martin wrote:
> >
> > Which one reports this error, Postfix or Dovecot?
>
> It looks like the deliver command is generating the error, sorry for the
> incomplete log there:
>
> May  5 11:33:30 sauerkraut deliver: setuid(1015) failed: Operation not
> permitted
> May  5 11:33:30 sauerkraut postfix/pipe[1598]: 37149F73:
> to=<leah at frauerpower.com>, orig_to=<root at oogabooga.heinous.org>,
> relay=dovecot, delay=0, status=bounced (Command died with status 89:
> "/usr/lib/dovecot/deliver")

Update, I think I may have finally figured it out.  It would seem that the
vmail user needed to have a valid home directory set.  I set it
to /var/vmail.  Now I seem to just be having problems getting deliver to know
where to deliver the messages:

May  5 12:00:50 sauerkraut deliver: Ambiguous mail location setting, don't
know what to do with it: /var/mail/root (try prefixing it with mbox: or
maildir:)
May  5 12:00:50 sauerkraut deliver: Failed to create storage for
'leah at frauerpower.com' with mail '/var/mail/root'

I tried setting the following in dovecot.conf:

plugin {
  convert_mail = maildir:/var/vmail/%d/%u/mail
}

But that didn't seem to make a difference.  I also have:

default_mail_env = maildir:/var/vmail/domains/%d/%n/mail

Leah