Saving Direct to Shared Mailbox (Was: Re: [Dovecot] Sending email over IMAP?)

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri May 5 19:26:18 EEST 2006

On Fri, 2006-05-05 at 09:46, Timothy White wrote:

> The situation I want it in, is basically lots of distribution lists,
> but I need to be able to control who has access to 'post' to it... And
> I need to simplify the posting to the list. Some of the lists would be
> very much mailing list style, with all users being able to 'post'.
> Others, would be a select group who can post.

Why not run them through mailman as a list manager?  Then if you
want to deliver to a shared folder you can subscribe it's
address but you won't be limited to only people on the same
server.

> As for the (un)subscribe, seeing as it's to shared folders, they can
> subscribe to the shared folder. Although, some lists are compulsory to
> be subscribed to (still haven't worked out the best way to do that).
> Moderation isn't need, ether you can post, or you can't.
> Ability to reply. If you can 'post' to the list, then you can reply to
> the list, otherwise, you have to reply to the individual involved.
> Archives, well the maildir becomes archives in it's self.

People aren't used to 'replying' by moving a message into
an imap folder.  I think you'd have a big problem with
training.

--
 Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com