[Dovecot] dovecot LDA w/virtual domains and postfix

Leah Cunningham leah at heinous.org
Fri May 5 22:04:52 EEST 2006

On Friday 05 May 2006 13:50, Leah Cunningham wrote:
> On Friday 05 May 2006 12:02, Leah Cunningham wrote:
> > Update, I think I may have finally figured it out.  It would seem that
> > the vmail user needed to have a valid home directory set.  I set it
> > to /var/vmail.  Now I seem to just be having problems getting deliver to
> > know where to deliver the messages:
>
> Well, I spoke too soon, I wasn't running the test that I thought I was.  I
> am still having issues with the setuid error.  What else can I check?

Okay, now I really have it resolved.  Sorry for the trouble.  I had a typo in
the dovecot-ldap.conf file that was causing the wrong uid to be used, so of
course it was having problems.  I have posted a little howto with my notes
and configuration examples at
http://heinous.org/wiki/Virtual_Domains%2C_Postfix%2C_Dovecot_LDA%2C_and_LDAP

Cheers,
Leah
--
Leah Cunningham : d416-585-9971x692 : d416-703-5977 : m416-559-6511
Frauerpower! Co. : www.frauerpower.com : Toronto, ON Canada