[Dovecot] Re: managesieve daemon

Steffen Kaiser skdovecot at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de
Tue May 9 10:13:26 EEST 2006

On Tue, 2 May 2006, Gerald Dachs wrote:

> The daemon is needed by frontends like avelsieve or imap clients
> like mulberry (who knows more?) to handle the scripts. That means:

http://lists.kde.org/?l=kmail-devel&m=111796963625329

"Current status
------------------
There is already a bit of Sieve support in KDE. There's the sieve:/
ioslave
that's being used to manipulate the Sieve filters through the Managesieve
protocol.

Also, there's the Vacation ("Out of office reply") support in KMail 3.4,
which
is also based around Sieve and kio-sieve. It uses the Sieve parser that's
in
libksieve, so parsing the grammar of the language is basically done
already."

Someone told me that new KMail implementations support Sieve-on-server,
however I cannot confirm this (possibly because of the absense of the
managesieve on the server :)

Bye,

--
Steffen Kaiser