[Dovecot] Sieve-Editor

Alex Pimperton alex at erus.co.uk
Tue May 9 16:25:55 EEST 2006

Andreas Martin wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I'm looking for an editor for sieve-scripts. I tried the Squirrelmail
> plugin "avelsieve", but it requires "timsieved", wich Dovecot doesn't use.
>
> I don't want my users to write sieve-scripts on the console and
> server-side-filtering is absolutely required.
>
> I know that there are some frontends available, but I can't figure out,
> which one really works with libsieve and is usable for non-geeks...
>
> Do you have any suggestions?

I've looked into this in detail a while ago and the short answer is
there arn't any.

There was rumour of a project on this list to create a manageseive
daemon that would possibly work with front ends but i've not heard
anything recently.

It's a pity because I'd really like to use dovecot LDA and dispense with
procmail but can't until there's a user-friendly front-end.

Any php wizards want to whip one up?

Alex

believed to be clean.