[Dovecot] Imap folders missing after updating

Eric Rostetter rostetter at mail.utexas.edu
Tue May 9 17:51:43 EEST 2006

Quoting Fred Harris <frharris27 at yahoo.com>:

> I understand that.  It's not dovecot's fault really.  I apologize
> for ranting here.  I think Fedora has a few issues to work out with
> this.

Maybe you need to check up on what Fedora Project is for.  It is for
cutting (bleeding) edge developers and users, who don't need a stable
OS or "seemless upgrades" (sic).

> I think up until this point, there's been a conflict of  interest
> with the Redhat network and Fedora.

They are two different things, and there is no conflict.

> Redhat has almost an  incentive to introduce problems into Fedora so
> that people will pay  them to help them with them. Maybe it will get
> better now that  Fedora is more on its own.

This is pure FUD.  First, Red Hat has little to do with FC code.
Second, they have little to gain by making a project fail by
purposfully introducing bugs.  Third, no one pays anyone to fix
bugs in FC, and I don't think very many people switch from FC
to RHEL for the chance to pay for bug fixes.

Come on, get real.  You're talking about a OS distribution that isn't
meant to be stable, and a prerelease software package, and you're
complaining about problems with it?  Get real!

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Go Longhorns!