[Dovecot] Imap folders missing after updating

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue May 9 21:20:35 EEST 2006

On Tue, 2006-05-09 at 13:09, Brad Bateman wrote:

> > Yes, but that's the one that keeps you from sticking to
> > an older FCx version when you don't want surprises from
> > the full-version upgrade.  Otherwise there's not much
> > differnce between an end-of-life FC1 and RHEL3 and
> > FC3/RHELEL4.
> >

> Surprises?  Our company started with RH 7.2 and have moved with each
> full version to RHEL4 Update 3 with no surprises.

If you didn't run into some weird stuff on RH 8 I have to
think you weren't exercising it very hard.

> To use FC in a full production environment is IMO, suicidal.

Maybe you missed the significance of my 'end-of-life' comment
on the fedoras.  There is a huge update turnover at the
beginning of an FC life cycle but as you approach the end
most of the bugs are fixed and the code base is very near
what went into the corresponding RHEL release.  The problem
is that once the FC version has the bugs fixed, it isn't
maintained long afterwords with backported patches for
things found later.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com